Biscuit Mill…

October 7, 2009
This last saturday was a perfect summer’s day in Cape Town, so I got up early and headed towards the Old Biscuit Mill, where they have the Neighbour Goods Market every saturday. Think delicious organic produce and food, amazing clothing, jewellery and more. I managed to sneak in a few pics before it got too busy.

Mill 1
Mill2
Mill3
Mill4
Mill5
Mill6
Mill7
Mill8
Mill9

The cute Gwen loves Harold dolls are made by Nicky who currently has a stall at the market and the clutches in the second pic are by Wren.

Old Biscuit Mill, 373 – 375 Albert Rd, Woodstock
Tel: + 27 21 461 2573
Photography: by me

10 Comments

• Reply Wendren October 7, 2009 at 8:30 am

these are lovely pictures. Thanks for taking one of my coffee clutches. I did not recognize you – you should have come and said hi. :)

• Reply Lana October 7, 2009 at 9:26 am

Oh no! I didn't recognise you either!! I'll have to come visit next time!

• Reply karoline October 7, 2009 at 9:58 am

yay, finally a Biscuit Mill post – wish they had something similar in Berlin. Can't wait to spend the day devouring everything with my eyes there at the end of the year -might start a little 'Biscuit Mill' kitty so that I can also walk away with a few treasures.

• Reply char October 7, 2009 at 10:15 am

I love markets. They are full of creativity and happiness. Our local farmers market also has the best breakfasts ever. The dolls are so cute, I wouldn't be able to choose just one.

• Reply choc_coffee October 7, 2009 at 11:41 am

lovely photos! they make me want to go :)

• Reply Bandaloop October 7, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Amazingly beautiful pics! You should sell them to mags! Love the little dollies. Must go check them out this weekend!

• Reply GwenLovesHarold October 7, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Thanks Lana
    my dolls look beautiful!

There is a very cute mouse in one of the pictures.
    your blog is lovely

xx Nicky

• Reply Artsy Momma October 8, 2009 at 12:47 am

This is going to come off snotty but that isnt its intent. Those dolls look a lot like the ones Emily from Black Apple make. I know she has a free pattern for them but asks that people dont sell dolls from the pattern as it is copyrighted.

• Reply Karen October 8, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Vintage Market starting this Sunday at the Biscuit Mill (every sunday 9-4pm)…i'm pleased as punch about that!

• Reply beatnik October 11, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Love everything about this market, thank you for sharing your lovely pics! I stock Gwen loves Harold dolls and most of the other items you've taken pictures of. They are the best creations in all the world!