Instagram

Cape Town Cape Town Restaurants

Hemelhuijs

Yesterday before work we popped into Hemelhuijs and enjoyed a delicious breakfast, what a perfect way to start the day! Hemelhuijs is beautifully put together, simple yet stylish with a few fun, quirky twists like the reindeer head on the wall… adorned with crockery. There is also a small selection of gorgeous homeware available to buy, my favourite being the most incredible framed butterflies. The menu is full of wholesome meals with all sorts of interesting combinations and flavours, I’m already looking forward to a leisurely lunch there.

Hemelhuis, Cape Town

Hemelhuis, Cape Town

Hemelhuis, Cape Town

Hemelhuis, Cape Town

Hemelhuis, Cape Town

Hemelhuijs, 71 Waterkant Street, Cape Town
Tel: +27 21 418 2042

Photography: by me

Tiina
    December 15, 2010 at 9:18 am

Good morning! What a lovely way of starting the day! I'd love to do the same but it's so darn cold and dark so getting up early is just hard. My guy turns 36 tomorrow, I'm going to fix nice breakfast in bed then. Did you notice that he popped the question?!? I'm in ave πŸ™‚ nice christmas gift! Have a lovely day! Xo, tiina

Raine and Sage
    December 15, 2010 at 10:07 am

What a stunning, groovy, yet simple restaurant. I love the dark walls, and that reindeer is unique as a decoration. I live in Australia (married to a SA man) and I must say I fell in love with Cape Town at first sight. Sonia πŸ™‚

This Way to Joy
    December 15, 2010 at 2:12 pm

This place is beautiful! I love contrast, so seeing the vases & candlesticks against the dark wall is my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing! xo

shari @ little blue deer
    December 15, 2010 at 7:53 pm

What a lovely store! I need to get to S.A.! XX!

Kristin Hjellegjerde
    December 16, 2010 at 4:35 am

Looks fabulous! And what a name!!!

colores
    December 16, 2010 at 10:55 am

Dear Lana, this is a gorgeous place! and as I can see the weather must be really sunny right!

coelho
    December 16, 2010 at 7:15 pm

have to visit in Jan, when we are in CT – looks amazing – hope all these gorgeous places are open early Jan…x

Anonymous
    October 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I just added this blog site to my rss reader, excellent stuff. Cannot get enough!