Bean There, Cape Town, coffee shop, Fair Trade

Bean There Fair Trade Coffee

April 23, 2012

Are you a fan of coffee and Fair Trade? Well, then you need to get down to Wale Street and visit Bean There. This lovely coffee shop roasts it’s own beans which they acquire through direct fair trade which means that the coffee producers receive a fair payment for their coffee through equal engagement, regardless of market fluctuations. Just knowing that the coffee is ethically sourced and produced, actually does make it taste better. The coffee shop has a fun and playful feel with bright pops of colour and interesting decor. Aren’t the hanging lampshades great?! You can find out more about their coffees here and actually buy online too.

Bean There, 58 Wale Street, Cape Town
Tel: 087 943 2228

All photography: by me

11 Comments

• Reply jen April 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

What a beautiful coffee shop. I'd never leave! x

• Reply Charlotta Ward April 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hello ms great photos!

Loving this place – feels so fresh and inviting.
    Those timber chunks / tables are fantastic. Love the glossy bright outsides and the natural wood cores!

The bike on the wall is also great, as is the whole concept of organic and fair trade. My fave combo and a life I try to lead in all areas.

Thank you for sharing. I am loving your snapshots!

Hugs from the North!

xx Charlotta

• Reply LatteLisa LisaHjalt April 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

that looks like a wonderful place and I absolutely love the name 😉

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 23, 2012 at 2:41 pm

How awesome is this place? Love the coloured wooden stools!

• Reply domenica.60 April 23, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I didn't even imagine how wonderful Cape Town is!
    Greetings
    Franca

• Reply simply objekts April 23, 2012 at 8:23 pm

just found your blog and love it!
    will be back for more.
    ? Hanlie

• Reply Cyn | decyng April 23, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Love the pictures! and the place is amazing. Unfortunally, too far from Argentina!

• Reply Splenderosa April 24, 2012 at 3:47 am

You find the most wonderful little spots to share with us. Merci !

• Reply Romy A April 25, 2012 at 8:24 pm

this is so awesome. im a coffee addict, im definitely gonna get my fix there.

• Reply Steven Pearson January 8, 2013 at 12:49 am

Every new retail store devoted to fair trade is a step in the right direction. I don’t know when I’ll ever get to visit Bean There – but if I’m ever in the area I certainly will =)