interiors

Fiddle Leaf Fig Crush

July 26, 2013

Fiddle leaf fig tree

By now I’m sure you must recognise the Fiddle Leaf Fig as this tree has been appearing more and more so across stylish interiors and homes. This large leafed tree makes a real statement and adds a strong natural, living presence to any space. I love the height it adds and that it it’s actually works well with any style. I specially chose a Fiddle Leaf Fig for my office as it’s not very well lit and no other plants had survived. I’m happy to say that Mr Fig has kept me company for the past two years and is doing very well! That’s the joy about these plants, they need very little watering and are quite resilient. They do well in low light but obviously prefer to be in a more well lit, brighter spot. So what do you think? Are you a fan?

Fiddle leaf fig tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Image credits: 1 – 4) Emily Henderson, 5) Elle Decor, 6) Design Love Fest, 7) Design Sponge, 8) Anne Hepfer, 9) Apartment Therapy, 10) Design Sponge, 11) The Design Files, 12) The Design Files, 13) Better homes and Gardens

9 Comments

• Reply Kim Grey July 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I love this trend! I have been wanting a fiddle leaf fig for months, since seeing them online in heaps of gorgeous rooms.

• Reply Brooke July 27, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Thank you for inspiring me to add some foliage to the apartment I share with my twin sister, K!

xo, B
    BKCsquared

• Reply The Office Stylist July 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Those chevron striped pillows are gorgeous! I’m a little bit in love with them!!

–Sayeh, The Office Stylist

• Reply Lindie July 27, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Can you please tell me where one can buy a fiddle leaf fig tree? I really want one and cant seem to find them anywhere!

• Reply Lana July 28, 2016 at 8:19 am

Hi Lindie

They are very difficult to find! If you stay in Cape Town, try Montebello Nursery in Newlands or Pezula Interiors in Buiten Street.

Thanks
      Lana

• Reply Fiona Faure September 2, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Thanks to your great blog, I found one of these fiddle leaf trees at Montebello Nursery in Newlands! Yaaay! Thank you Lana. X

• Reply Lana September 2, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Fantastic! Montebello is definitely one of my favourite nurseries. So glad I could help :)

• Reply Adelé October 31, 2016 at 3:01 pm

I cannot seem to find the Fiddle anywhere in South Africa – I stay in PE, none of the nurseries here. Phones a few nurseries in both JHB and CT, including Montebello and they say it is nowhere to be found…..

• Reply Lana November 4, 2016 at 6:41 am

Hi Adelé
      Unfortunately it is really difficult to find Fiddle leaf figs as they are so on trend at the moment.
      They are also very slow growing so I think that adds to the problem.
      Did you try Pezula Interiors in Cape Town? They regularly get them in when they can find them.
      Good luck!