I offer WordPress blog lessons and consultations in the Cape Town area and online, via skype as well. I started blogging in 2009 and have a wealth of blogging experience. I started off using Blogger but now specialise in WordPress.
I have designed many WordPress blogs and websites so I also have an in depth knowledge of what goes into setting up a blog and how to make it look unique.
If you want all the no-nonsense, essential information delivered straight to you, then please get in touch for a one-on-one lesson.
We will cover all the basics of setting up your blog and how to write your first post.
A run through of how to actually create:
– Blog posts
– Your menu
– Categories & tags
– Correct linking
– How to add a gravatar
– Permalinks set up
– How to customise your sidebar
– How to add and update plugins
– Best plugins to install
– How to back up your blog
This is a very hands on lesson where we actually work on creating the look and feel of your blog. This lesson can be done by itself however if you are new to blogging, I suggest you do the Basics lesson as well.
– We will install your theme on your blog
– Add your logo
– Make customisations to the layout, fonts, colour etc
– Add essential ‘Visual’ plugins to enhance the look of your blog
– Set up your sidebar
– Run through how you can make changes going forward
Let me know the level you’re at and I can plan a customized lesson for you.
I can also assist with:
– Purchasing your domain and web hosting
– lnstalling WordPress
– Choosing and purchasing a suitable WordPress theme
– Using PicMonkey to create blog collages
– Creating custom social media icons and graphics for your blog