Hello friends, how was your weekend? Did you make the most of it? I had a great weekend, I survived one of the hottest weekends of the year and had fun playing food stylist for today’s Sweet Tooth story! So what do you think? Do they look tasty? They definitely are, I can assure you!
Cupcakes with lemon zest
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup self raising flour
6 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
* Mix all ingredients together, beat well
* Pour the mixture into cupcake cases
* Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown at 180°C
* Makes ± 12 cupcakes depending on what size you make them!
Lemon cream cheese icing
200g plain cream cheese
175g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon, grated
* Slowly beat the cream cheese and icing sugar with an electric beater till creamy and soft
* Add lemon juice and zest, mix well
* Spread icing liberally onto cooled cupcakes and then tuck in!
PS You can also obviously use regular icing if you don’t feel like cream cheese.
This is officially the easiest cupcake recipe ever, passed on to my mom by a friend of hers, it has been tried and tested many times! You can’t go wrong!
All photography: by me