First up is Monika, a self confessed design junkie originally from Sweden and now living in Seattle. Monika is one of the warmest, sweetest bloggers you’ll meet, she’s a proud mom of three and an interior decorator too. Her blog, Splendid Willow, is a lovely mix of contemporary design with a Swedish twist. Monika has such great style and I love visiting her blog for a daily dose of inspiration.
1. A Saarinen table (first introduced in the 50’s). It is such a classic. And it is so flexible. Dining table, cocktail table, bedside table. The kids will fight over the ownership when I am really old and decrepit.
2. A second home in my old home country, Sweden. Preferably an apartment downtown with white walls, white hardwood floors and everything Swedish! I dream about it every, single day.
3. A large antique marble bust. I have been wanting one for years. It works in any setting and I just love the mix of really old and new objects.
4. It is time for a bedroom makeover at my house. An extra tall, tufted headboard is so on my wish list! For comfort and to add some drama to the room.
5. Every Spring I splurge on a pair of quality sun glasses. I have not started to shop for a pair yet – but these full metal Aviators by Marc Jacobs look lovely.
6. A year supply of bottled Kombucha. I drink one bottle a day of this fermented tea. My energy is up, the immune system is great and I swear that my hair and my skin is healthier than ever! (Horrible tasting (like Vinegar) in the beginning, but you get used to it).
Thanks Monika, your choices are so stylish as usual, I absolutely love that headboard and of course a holiday home in Sweden would be absolutely incredible!
Our second blogger today is the lovely Alaina from Live creating yourself. Alaina is a graphic designer based in Chicago and has just moved into a vintage apartment with her boyfriend. Her blog is full of daily musings on interiors, fashion, design, Chicago and her home as well. It’s always fun seeing snippets of her life and what she gets up to. I love the way Alaina writes, she has a great sense of humour too, visit once and I promise you, you’ll be back for more!
Over to you Alaina, what’s on your wishlist?…
Thanks Alaina, I love your choices, especially that beautiful DVF bag! You see friends… bloggers have such style, don’t they?! Be back next week for Wishlists from Stockholm and Toronto!