1. You Are My Sunshine rustic wooden sign from Go Jump In The Lake:
We are moving into a new home soon and I would love this to brighten up the bathroom. It’s so sunny and positive. A daily declaration of love!
2. Tweed Jacket from EmersonMade:
This tweed jacket would make me feel splendidly bookish and smart.
There is something magical and very charming about pumpkins. I fill my home with them in the fall. When they start appearing on shelves and table tops, my husband says, “Oh, it’s THAT time again.”
4. Perpetual Wooden Block Calendar from Queen Vanna Creations:
My inner child still loves wooden blocks, and the adult me (is there one??) loves calendars, so this is a wonderful combination. I always love turning a page (or in this case, block) to the next month, and being reminded that time is going by, and I should live life to the fullest.
5. Hand-coloured 1865 Map of Boston from Bananastrudel:
We fell in love with the city of Boston, Massachusetts, on a visit last year, and named our new puppy Boston. I love this vintage map, so intricately hand-painted and beautiful. Now I’m just waiting for my bank account to give me the go-ahead!
6. Popular Pencil embroidery hoop by MoxiDoll:
Just looking at this gives me that ‘back-to-school’ feeling, which I love. Hair neatly braided, fresh pencils and paper; we lived on a dirt road and I loved it when the puddles froze over so I could crack them with my foot while waiting for the bus to come.
Thanks Dawn, your list is fabulous, the jacket from Emersonmade has to be my favourite!
Elissa is a graphic designer living just outside Chicago and her blog, ebb & flow, is one of regular visits. Elissa has a great sense of design and taste, her blog is filled with beautiful and interesting design finds, interior features, fashion snippets and more. I love that Elissa always finds a slightly different angle or piece to blog about so it doesn’t feel like you’ve seen it all over the blogland. Pop over and say hi!
2. A new bike. The only requirement for this dream bicycle is a basket. I’m easy to please.
3. The perfect Fall boots, especially if they’re the Loeffler Randall Riley flat zip boot. You can’t go wrong with timeless boots that make your legs look a mile long.
5. Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. I think it’s time I upgrade the $8 shades I bought two years ago.
6. A trip to the Olympics. I would love to win a medal, but spectating will work as well, I suppose.
Thanks Elissa, your choices are classics, I’m sure everyone will agree! I’d never have included a trip to the Olympics on my list but it would be pretty amazing! You’ll have to start training or maybe just saving for the summer Olympics in London 2012!