1. Fresh White Hydrangeas: As a child, I would flip through Martha Stewart Living magazine and remember dreaming about having a bouquet of monochromatic hydrangeas as she did throughout many of her interior photos. There is a regal and classic quality to a hydrangea and with just three mopheads, you have an outstanding finishing touch to any room.
2. A Burberry Trench: Having a quality trench coat, a la Burberry’s, would be a wonderful fit with my wardrobe. I am always about cost per wear (i.e. if something costs $900 but you wear it 450 different occasions, it really is a $2 item) and if I can justify that I can use a particular item quite a bit, as I would a trench, I feel the price is worth it. If I can afford it, quality is always my choice.
3. Julia Child’s Chocolate Souffle: To successfully make such an intimidating dessert is something I’m dying to attempt. However, if in fact, I am successful, I may never want to eat it due to the beauty of the finish product.
4. Nina Garcia’s Look Book: I can never have enough ideas for putting together outfits and especially with the fall season arriving, I can’t wait to pick up Nina Garcia’s Look Book and drink up everything she has to teach me. Besides the content, the illustrations by Ruben Toledo are amazingly beautiful.
5. Vera Wang ballet flats: If I didn’t appreciate the way heels made a woman’s silhouette look, I would wear flats every day. So in the event that I choose to stay closer to the ground, I would love to slip on a pair of Vera Wang’s nude ballet flats as they are simple, yet well made.
6. A cooking class at Sur La Table: I am constantly seeking avenues to gain new knowledge and what better arena to learn than in the kitchen – very hands on and applicable to life. I recently was shopping in Sur La Table and the class participants were eating their finished product. What a reward. I can’t wait to sign up!
Thanks so much Shannon, your list is as gorgeous as I expected it would be! Love the ballet flats, they are the perfect colour and Nina Garcia’s book sounds amazing!
2. As well as a another jar of my absolute favorite, Smith’s Rosebud Salve. I have just run out, and this is a staple that remains in my bag and is honestly a small jar of magic!
3. I am a hopeless Zara fan! If I had to wish for something frivolous on the spot, it would be the Zara Summer collection wardrobe. I absolutely love the beautiful safari inspired colours, taupe, chocolate browns and neutrals as well as the, nautical inspired navy theme with stripes and blazers. If I could step out every day in these comfortable and chic ensembles I would honestly have a huge wish fulfilled!
4. On the Extravagant “over the top side”… A little Clifton bungalow on Third Beach with a beautiful view. I want it filled with crisp white linen, crisp white wine and crisp white couches that can be sunk into and curled up in. I want ample space for visitors, long lunches, summer braais and a huge Pierre Cronje timber sleeper table that will be stamped with the patina of times red wine ring stains and soak up many a laughter (image via here)
5. And to start my collection of beautiful chairs, I would like the Eames Lounge chair and Ottoman, in taupe, to lie in, read my magazines in, sip coffee in and swivel in!
6. A Gabby Raaff painting, I find her soft watercolor images beautiful and calming. I love that she is from Cape Town. Her works are still priced attainably and her brush seems magic, as it’s able to gently touch her paper and leave a mark that resembles perfectly her subject! Beautiful!
7. A beautiful white orchid that doesn’t die, but just blooms, mine just died and I nurtured her for five months! I was honestly sad, I find them so elegant and almost architectural in their poise.
Thanks for a fab list Zeanne, I’m with you on the Zara collection and the Clifton beach house! We can certainly dream, can’t we?!