45g icing sugar
45g castor sugar
¼ tsp salt
315g unsalted butter, softened
* Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add castor sugar and salt and mix well.
* Add butter and beat with an electric beater for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
* Stir in flour until well blended.
* Knead lightly until it forms a dough.
* Divide into sections and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
* I decided I wanted thinner biscuits than the traditional size, so rolled dough out to about 5mm thickness
* Cut out biscuits with cookie cutters and prick gently with a fork, this helps keep an even surface.
* Place onto a greased baking tin.
* Bake for about 30 minutes in pre-heated oven at 140? C. The baking time will depend on how thick you make your biscuits. Watch them carefully as they burn quickly. Bake until very pale in colour.
* Quantity will also depend on the size of your biscuits, I got out about 30 biscuits.
Enjoy with a cup of tea and try not to eat them all!