Hi friends, did you have a good weekend? I had a busy but lovely weekend, I’ll share some pics tomorrow. So today it’s time for another Sweet Toothpost and I really hope you like today’s recipe as it’s an all time South African favourite! If you don’t know what Malva pudding is, well it’s a deliciously sweet dessert with a moist sponge base and a caramelised sauce. It’s probably most similar to the English Sticky Toffee pudding. This particular recipe is incredibly easy to make so I highly recommend it! It’s great for a Winter’s evening to warm you up, essentially the perfect dessert for a White Christmas!I decided to style the shoot with Christmas in mind and hopefully have given you a few decor ideas! Simple linen, candles and white roses to create an elegant but relaxed table setting. Add a fun DIY wreath in the background for a playful touch.
250ml cake flour
2,5ml bicarbonate of soda
15ml brown vinegar
15ml apricot jam
1tsp vanilla essence
* Mix all the ingredients together well and pour into a well greased dish.
* Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for 20 minutes.
* Makes enough for about six small servings
5ml vanilla essence
* Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently to dissolve.
* Pour the sauce over the pudding when it comes out of the oven.
* Once the pudding has soaked up all the sauce, it’s ready to be eaten!
And that’s it, so very easy! Eat the pudding while warm, serve with cream or ice cream! It’s truly delicious and you’ll be having seconds for sure! I normally double the quantity to make a nice big dish.
All photography: by me
Tablecloth and napkins, glass vase, wooden block and candles available from Pezula Interiors