I wanted to put put together a Scandinavian gift guide and I thought who best to ask but my design savvy Swedish friend, Charlotta from Space for Inspiration. Charlotta has picked out some amazing gift ideas that will appeal to all Scandi lovers, enjoy!
* I love the jewelry by Norwegian designer Bjørg Nordli-Mathisen – the label is simply ‘Bjørg’. I own a couple of lovely pieces by her, but wish to add two new necklaces to my collection – 1. the ‘Feather Necklace’ and 2. the ‘Acorn pendant’. I would hang the ‘Acorn’ on the chain of the ‘Feather Necklace’ as I prefer Bjørg’s pieces grouped together. Yum!
* Handmade ‘Sami’ bracelet from Lapland. Reindeer skin leather, silver thread and antler button.
* Aurora Dress by Swedish ‘Odd Molly’
* I adore the ceramic works of Kerstin Tillberg. This charming and charismatic woman – who I have had the pleasure to meet – works from her studio in picturesque Mölle (where she also lives) in the South of Sweden. My mother is a friend of Kerstin’s and met her when she was an anonymous independent artist – today she is very sought after and her works are collector’s pieces. I would love to add to my collection of cups .
* Tall black (or orange.. yum!) lace-up rain boots by Danish designer ‘Ilse Jacobsen’
* Hammered antique silver-plated or brass pots from Swedish ‘Affari’.
* ‘Lilla Mhy’ lamp by Finnish company ‘Muuto’. I adore that the design for this pendant lamp was inspired by the ‘Lilla My’ character in Tova Jansson’s ‘Moomin Troll’ books. I love the books and I love the lamp!
* Dala horses – I am a collector of these hand carved and hand painted horses from the North of Sweden. I prefer the red ones, but have ones in other colours too. They look best in a cluster and my collection is growing steadily.
* Ever since I learned about Swedish Lars Bolander via Eleish Van Breems I have been wanting his book ‘Scandinavian Design’
Thanks so much Charlotta for taking part in this series!
Charlotta’s blog: Space for Inspiration