On the weekend I decided to satisfy my sweet tooth and make some Peanut Butter biscuits while visiting my parents. This is a recipe that my mom has been making since we were kids and is one of my favourites. Crunchy, peanut goodness, just delicious! You’ll find the recipe at the end of the post, I believe it originally came from one of The Australian Women’s Weekly issues.
Peanut Butter Biscuits
125 g butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 ¼ cups cake flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* Beat the butter, vanilla, lemon rind, sugar and peanut butter together until smooth.
* Add the flour, bicarb of soda and salt and mix with a wooden spoon to make a stiff dough.
* Roll into small balls and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
* Press down lightly with a small fork.
* Bake in oven at 180° C for 15 min
Makes about 30 biscuits.
All photography: by me