So far I’ve been having a fantastic summer holiday, it’s been so good to relax and get away from my laptop and all things online. I’ve still got one week left but I thought I’d start sharing a few snippets of what I’ve been up to.
We started off our holiday with a two day trip to Simon’s Town which is such a picturesque town filled with loads of maritime history. We stayed at the Quayside Hotel which was ideal as it’s situated in the heart of the village at the water’s edge and one can walk everywhere from there (Definitely ask for a sea facing room).
There are plenty of little shops to explore and things to do. These are a few of my recommendations…
* Do a Sea kayak trip from Simon’s Town to Boulders Beach to see the penguins (Be sure to book!)
* Swim at Windmill Beach
* Be decadent and eat ice cream from the Ice Cream Parlour
* Go for coffee and light meals at The Meeting Place Upstairs
* Do some decor browsing at The Meeting Place
* Go Italian and eat pizza at Café Pescado