Whether you’re a local or a tourist, these are some of my musts…
1. Go up Table Mountain, either by hiking up or taking the Cable Car. Have a sundowner or picnic on top, take your time and enjoy the views
2. Climb Lions Head, so rewarding!
3. Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and enjoy being in nature. Definitely go to a sunset concert on Sundays during the summer months!
4. Attend Pecha Kucha for an inspiring evening
5. Visit Chart Farm for some old world nostalgia and pick your own roses
6. Support The Labia and watch a movie
7. Visit The Old Biscuit Mill on a Saturday for The Neighbourhood Goods Market, be sure to get there early!
8. Treat yourself to a sundowner at The Twelve Apostles Hotel, what a view
9. Go swimming at the Sea Point public pool
10. Have a homemade burger at The Dogs Bollocks, local and authentic
11. Get on your bike and take part in the monthly moonlight mass
12. Visit Kalk Bay and Simon’s Town, for lovely seaside charm
13. Explore the Cape wine route, right on our doorstep
14. Rent an electric bicycle and tour the city in style
15. Take a MyCiti bus out to Big Bay and enjoy the picturesque postcard view of Table Mountain
16. Do a walking tour of the city centre. Start in the Bo Kaap with all of its colourful homes and be sure to do Long Street, Loop Street, Upper Bree Street and Kloof Street!
17. If you’re a beer fan, check out Weinhaus + Biergarten and the Taproom
18. Take a walk through The Company Gardens and visit The National Art Gallery and South African Museum
19. If you’re keen to try surfing, then head to Muizenberg for beginner’s lessons
20. Visit the Oranjezicht City Farm on a Saturday morning to enjoy the OZCF market