Over the weekend I decided to make some chocolate brownies. I used a recipe that I had cut out and saved from a Fresh Living magazine from ages ago. I found this recipe incredibly quick and easy and more importantly absolutely delicious!! Rich and moist, these brownies are real winners! Definitely give them a try but be warned they won’t last long!
1/2 cup sugar
1 can (410g) butterbeans (drained & rinsed)
2 extra large eggs
100g dark chocolate (melted)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup self raising flour
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup coffee ( made with 2 Tbsp instant coffee)
1/4 cup milk
100g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
* Preheat oven to 180°C
* Blend sugar, butterbeans and eggs in a food processor until smooth
* Add melted chocolate and blend till smooth
* Add cocoa, flour, vanilla essence, coffee and milk. Blend till smooth.
* Fold in nuts.
* Pour mixture into a greased cake pan (20cm size). I was worried that my mixture was too runny but it worked out perfectly.
* An optional idea here is to chop up some extra dark chocolate and sprinkle over the brownie batter. I did this and it did add a lovely texture and extra chocolate goodness!
* Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until firm but still a little soft in the centre.
That’s it, sit back and enjoy!
All photography by Lana Kenney ©